Disability Insurance Attorney in Jacksonville, Florida – Legal Help for Your Disability Claim
Did an insurance company deny your disability insurance benefits? You might be wondering, “What kind of attorney do I need for disability in Jacksonville, Florida?” If you have been contributing to a disability insurance policy, either privately or through your job, you may face a situation where you are unable to work. When you apply for disability insurance benefits due to being unable to work, there is a chance that the insurance company could deny your claim. If the insurance company has informed you that they will not provide coverage, give us a call to explore how we can assist you. Coffman Law serves clients throughout Florida, and you don’t even have to visit our office. We can discuss your case over the phone and determine if we can help you fight the insurance company to obtain the benefits you rightfully deserve. Over the past few years, many mediations have been successfully conducted over Zoom. However, if an in-person mediation becomes necessary, we will strive to hold it as close to Jacksonville as possible.
A Denial of Disability Insurance Doesn’t Have to Be the End
When you receive a denial letter from a disability insurance company, you usually have 180 days to submit an appeal. Before hastily filing the appeal, it is advisable to reach out to an experienced ERISA disability insurance attorney who handles cases in the Jacksonville area. They can review your denial letter and the details of your case. We often receive calls from individuals who have received denial letters from disability insurance companies and are seeking the expertise of an attorney to handle their appeal. It is best if we can speak with you at the beginning of the appeal window so that we can gather the necessary documentation to support your claim and give you the best chance of winning your appeal at the administrative level.
What if I have already submitted an appeal?
There may still be time for us to intervene and request administrative tolling, which temporarily pauses the review process while we gather the necessary documentation to support your claim. Although it is not ideal compared to seeking help immediately after receiving a denial letter, it should not discourage you from reaching out to us. When a disability insurance claim has exhausted all available appeals in the administrative process, the insurance company may issue a final denial. At this stage, the administrative record is closed, and if you decide to file a lawsuit, the case will be evaluated based on the facts and documentation contained in the claim file.
Do You Have More Questions About Disability Insurance?
If you have additional questions about disability insurance, please give us a call or visit our FAQ page to learn more.
If you have received a denial letter and reside in the Jacksonville, Florida area or any surrounding city, contact us at 888-LTD-PAID to see if we can provide the assistance you need!
Interesting Facts about Jacksonville!
- Size: Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida and one of the biggest cities in the United States. It covers a really large area, about 840 square miles, which is even bigger than the state of Rhode Island.
- Rivers: Jacksonville is called the “River City” because it’s crossed by a special river called the St. Johns River. What’s unique about this river is that it flows north instead of south like most rivers. People can enjoy boating, fishing, and other water activities on this river.
- Population: Jacksonville is home to lots of people. In fact, it’s the most populous city in Florida and the fourth most populous city in the southeastern United States. There are over 900,000 people living there.
- Football Team: Jacksonville has a professional football team called the Jacksonville Jaguars. They play in the National Football League (NFL) and their stadium can hold more than 67,000 fans.
- Navy Bases: Jacksonville has important naval bases. These bases, like Naval Air Station Jacksonville and Naval Station Mayport, are where the Navy operates from. They play a big role in the city’s economy and support the military community.
- Bridges: There are many bridges in Jacksonville because it’s situated on the St. Johns River. That’s why it’s sometimes called the “Bridge City.” Some of the famous bridges there are the Main Street Bridge and the Dames Point Bridge, which is one of the longest bridges of its kind in the United States.
- Parks and Gardens: Jacksonville has a huge number of parks and gardens, more than any other city in the United States. There are over 400 of them! These places provide opportunities for outdoor activities and enjoying nature.
- Beaches: Jacksonville has beautiful sandy beaches along its coast. You can find more than 22 miles of coastline to explore and have fun at the beach. People go there for swimming, surfing, and just relaxing under the sun.
- Art and History: Jacksonville has a lively arts and cultural scene. You can visit the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, which has a cool art collection and lovely gardens. There’s also the Riverside Avondale Historic District, where you can see historic homes and be a part of the arts community.
- PGA Tour: The PGA Tour, which is a big golf tour, has its headquarters near Jacksonville. They organize famous golf tournaments, like The Players Championship, which takes place at the TPC Sawgrass golf course every year.
Jacksonville is a city with lots of interesting things to offer, from its size and rivers to its parks, beaches, and cultural attractions.